Work for us
Welcome to Kingston Maurward
Firstly, note that we are more than just a college.
We are a college, a country estate, a dairy farm, a wedding venue, a conference centre, an arable farm, a tourist destination, the birthplace of Thomas Hardy and, most crucially, the only provider of land-based studies for 60 miles in any direction. We have a major strategic role in the development of Dorset’s rural economy, which although firmly rooted in our heritage as an agricultural provider, now spans the full range of land-based studies and beyond, from entry-level to a degree.
Following a dynamic period, the College now has a financial health rating of ‘Good’, rewritten the Strategic Plan, and developed an Estate Masterplan for the next ten years, alongside confirming our Ofsted ‘Good’ grade. We have a strong platform to make the improvements required to continually strive towards outstanding status and we are looking forward to the future with ambition and optimism. The nature of the College, however, is much more than just an Ofsted grade. We are at the heart of Dorset, both emotionally and literally. Engagement and strategic positioning are vital to ensure we continue to grow both our reputation and student numbers.
We need staff who will move us to the next step as part of a forward-looking organisation, rooted in the landscape of Dorset and the history of the estate. What binds us to the past is important, but it is not what defines our future; the essence of Kingston Maurward is about people, attitudes and the culture we all inherit and develop.
Luke Rake – Principal and CEO
View all our Job Vacancies below:
We offer all our employees:
- Generous Annual Leave Entitlement
- Local Government Pension Scheme/Teachers Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Health Benefit Scheme
- Free access to our onsite Gym and Bouldering Wall
- Subsidised onsite cafés
- A beautiful countryside setting to work within
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- Free onsite parking
- Wedding venue discount
- Flexible Working – In accordance with legislation flexible working will be considered and granted where possible
- Staff Awards – Recognises the hard work and successes of individual staff members and teams across all disciplines
- Social Events- We organise occasional events throughout the year for staff, and their their families to attend
Kingston Maurward College recognises the skills and qualities that service personnel can bring to the workplace and welcome applications from the service community.
Kingston Maurward College are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant. This means we have made a number of commitments to support those from the armed forces community.
We also offer the following:
- Support of the employment of veterans and service leavers through the Career Transition Partnership (CT))
- Provide an additional 10 days paid leave to support service commitments to members of the Reserve Forces and Cadet Force Adult Volunteers
- Directly address the leave requirements during periods of deployment of service spouses and partners.
- As of September 2019, we have a work placement scheme at Kingston Maurward for service leavers. Details will be published through the Careers Transition Partnership
If you have any other questions regarding this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01305 215100.
At Kingston Maurward we place the safety and welfare of our students at the centre of all our activities. The safeguarding of students underpins the College values and is fully embraced by all staff.
Kingston Maurward considers itself a ‘specified place’ for the purposes of safeguarding legislation and therefore all positions on the estate are Regulated Activity. If you have been or are currently banned from working with children or vulnerable young adults, you will not be employed by us.
The offer of an appointment with us will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure under the Protection of Children Act 1999 and the Police Act 1997. When applying for a post, you will need to detail all convictions they may have – both ‘spent’ and ‘unspent’, and if successful, you will be advised of the Disclosure process in the Offer Letter.
Kingston Maurward adheres to the Disclosure and Barring Service Code of Practice in applying for Disclosures. Should you require a copy of the Code or our Policy Statements on the recruitment of ex-offenders or the secure storage handling, use, retention and disposal of disclosures and disclosure information, please contact the Human Resources Manager.
We recommend all new staff join the DBS Update Service which means that the form can be accessed by employers, with your permission, and may mean you only ever need to apply for one DBS check.
Kingston Maurward is a “data controller”, meaning we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
Please click here, to find our GDPR Privacy Notice which details how we will use your data, its purposes, and how long we will retain it. Certain information must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR), and this is detailed in this notice.
If you would like to review, verify, amend or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact our HR department in writing.