We very much hope that you enjoy your visit to the Animal Park & Gardens, set in a beautiful part of the Dorset countryside. The Animal Park & Gardens is part of our agricultural college; therefore we would just like to remind visitors that we are student-based and you will come across students learning within our Animal Park. We kindly ask you to read our terms and conditions, and respect our rules of entry to the park.
Photography: We are happy for you to photograph or video our animals as a reminder of your visit, however this must be for personal use only. You may not use photographs or videos taken of our animals, staff, or park for any commercial purposes. Kingston Maurward retains the copyright of these images.
Dogs: Dogs are permitted within the park, however this is within specific locations. Dogs must be on a lead at all times and are not allowed around any of the animals in the animal park. In the interest of animal welfare, please refrain from leaving pets in your vehicle during your visit. We reserve the right to contact any relevant authority if we feel that an animal left in any vehicle within one of our car parks is suffering or distressed in any way.
Feeding of the animals: Please do not feed any of the animals other than the ones we have authorized. If unsure, please check with a staff member. We have a limit of how much we can feed our animals and therefore it is not guaranteed on your visit that you may be able to do this everytime.
Fences and barriers: Please do not stand or climb on our fences and barriers, they have been placed for public safety as well as the protection of our animals.
Alcohol: Under no circumstances may alcohol be brought into, or consumed in the park at any time. Any visitor found with alcohol, or under the influence of alcohol, will be asked to leave the park with no right to a refund.
Behaviour towards staff: The park has a zero tolerance approach towards members of the public behaving in a aggressive manner towards our staff. Any visitor behaving in this way will result in them being asked to leave the park with no refund will be given.
Smoking: Is only permitted off site. We would kindly ask visitors to refrain from smoking in any other area of the park. A fire could be devastating, so please comply with this request.
Behaviour: Whilst on site, children must remain under the control and supervision of an adult at all times. As we are a college site, we ask all visitors to remain dressed appropriately during their visits; this includes wearing shirts, shoes and leg wear at all times, and swimwear is not permitted.
Rubbish: Bins are provided within the park; please help us to keep our park tidy and free from litter by using the bins provided.
We continuously strive to ensure that the park is safe and that no harm can come to you during your visit. However as the main part of our park is in an external environment affected by the changing seasons, our walkways can become wet and muddy. We therefore advise you to wear sensible and sturdy footwear. The park and play barn can also get very busy, so please take your time and enjoy your visit.
For public safety, we reserve the right to refuse entry to the park if the capacity for visitors at the park is reached.
Your entrance to the park acknowledges acceptance of the park’s rules of entry.
Season Tickets: Terms and Conditions
Please read our terms and conditions:
- Tickets purchased are issued for your use only and duplicate use, sale or trade of a ticket is prohibited. We reserve the right to withdraw any tickets we feel are not being used in the manner intended. If tickets are bought on behalf of other guests, the buyer accepts these entry conditions on behalf of every guest and shall ensure that these entry conditions are highlighted with each person in the group.
- Annual pass holders must present their pass on arrival. Kingston Maurward are not responsible for any lost or damaged tickets.
- Kingston Maurward reserves the right to change the terms and conditions from time to time.
- Annual passes exclude major event days.
- Tickets purchased are only valid from the date shown on the ticket.
- Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by Kingston Maurward.
- No child or children under the age of 18 will be admitted unless they are accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over, and such child or children, whilst on site, must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times.
- Photocopied Annual Passes will not be accepted.
- All passes are sold on a non-refundable and non transferable basis.
- Failure to present a valid Annual Pass (due to it being forgotten or lost) will result in the daily admission rate being charged where applicable, which will be non-refundable.
- Possession of an Annual Pass does not guarantee entry to the park. The management of the Park reserves the right to refuse admission for any reason as provided by the Park’s regulations including, but not being limited to, the park reaching full capacity.
- Possession or use of the Annual Pass does not guarantee immediate entry to any attraction during peak times.
- For the avoidance of doubt, pass sharing is a breach of these terms and conditions and any attempted use of an Annual Pass by someone other than the named holder, regardless of reason, will result in access being refused and the Annual Pass being revoked without compensation to any person, including the named holder.
- Any use or attempted use of an annual pass in breach of these terms and conditions or the relevant regulations will result in the annual pass being revoked without compensation.