Food and Drink
The College has a number of catering facilities including the Coach House Café and The Barn Café at the Animal Park.
At the heart of the campus lies The Coach House Café serving a wide variety of hot meals, salads and tasty snacks to both students and visitors. Food is home-made and caters for a wide variety of dietary requirements.
As one of the country’s leading colleges specialising in agriculture and country life we love food.
Join us and share our passion for home sourced food and seasonality, allowing you to enjoy the finest produce from our own estate or other local providers, prepared and cooked by our onsite catering team.
We believe in tasty, nutritious food and we make nearly everything ourselves. This way we choose the best ingredients and do not compromise on quality. We now use 100% compostable catering ware – made from special ‘vegetable plastic’!
Please note: Face masks are compulsory when purchasing refreshments
Free School Meals:
The government, through the Education Funding Agency, is extending free meals from schools into Further Education colleges.
- You must have been at school (not FE College) in the school year just completed
- You must have been receiving Free School Meals (FSM) at school
- Student or parents must still be eligible for free meals. One of the documents below will need to be copied to Student Support …
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided not entitled to Working Tax Credit) with an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by HMRC. Whole Tax Credit document required.
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit during the initial rollout of the benefit, Universal Credit
- Kingston Maurward College will then have to send your name to the Education Funding Agency (EFA) so that it can check on its Free School Meals database to make sure your name is listed there.
- You will receive notification through your College email address to say if you are cleared to receive free lunchtime meals at Kingston Maurward College.
- Once Student Support has sent you a clearance email, you can start having a free lunchtime meal. You need to go to the Coach House restaurant and give your name to the staff there (either serving or at the till). They will explain your meal options to you. Meals are provided by EFA for £2.41 each.