Work Experience and Industry Placement
Work placements are an integral part of study programmes here at Kingston Maurward. They give you an opportunity to develop practical, technical and professional skills.
All work placements are occupationally specific – they must be with an employer whose work is directly linked to the course that you are studying.
You will be required to keep a log of all the tasks and activities you complete on placement to track your progress and development. You will also need to record your placement hours and get these signed off by your employer and your course tutor.
We offer two types of work placements; work experience and industry placements. For select Level 3 courses only, you will be required to do both.
- Work experience is managed by your course tutor
- On average, this is 150 hours which is to be completed during one academic year
- Hours may differ depending on the level of your course
- Contact your course tutor if you have any further questions about work experience.
- Industry placements are managed by our Careers and Industry Lead
- Industry placements are for selected Level 3 courses only
- They MUST be for a minimum of 315 hours in the workplace
- Industry placements are to be completed during your first academic year
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions about industry placements.