Our vision at Kingston Maurward is that every student will have the opportunity to access credible and concise careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) to support progression onto a positive destination.
Positive destinations vary and are individual to the student, essentially this term refers to what students go on to do after completing their study programme here at KMC.
Examples of positive destinations are:
- Studying a higher level qualification
- Going to University
- Completing an apprenticeship
- Developing skills to help you become more independent in life
From the very start of the student journey here at KMC we support students to select a pathway that is most relevant to them, a pathway that they are passionate about and will enjoy, and a pathway that best suits their individual needs.
Students can access CEIAG throughout their study programme and if, at any time, the student is unsure about the course they are doing they will be signposted to the most appropriate member of staff who can help them.
Please click to view the careers calendar – a detailed breakdown of the activities and enrichment delivered throughout the academic year per level of study programme.
Careers at a glance
Here are some of the careers activities that students can expect to engage with during their time at KMC:
- Receive 121 careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG)
- Undertake a work placement
- Build and develop employability skills –CVs, cover letters, job applications, interview techniques etc.
- Undertake a minimum of 2 workplace visits
- Engage with local employers
- Access to relevant Labour Market Information
This is just an indication of what we deliver at the college, click here for a more detailed breakdown of what you can expect while studying with us.
Our dedicated Careers and Industry Lead works hard with the Careers Team to make sure careers delivery is relevant, to every student, and that KMCprepared can respond to what’s happening in the world to continue providing meaningful experiences that both inspire and challenge our students.
Kingston Maurward promotes equality of opportunity striving to raise aspirations and prepare learners for life after college.
– Our careers programme is underpinned by our college values
– It meets the 8 Gatsby Benchmarks – ‘the gold standard of careers education’
– We adopt a whole organisation approach so that ‘Careers can be the golden thread running through our entire curriculum’
– KMCprepared is inclusive and fully accessible as we believe that ‘access to expert careers advice and guidance should be an entitlement not an optional extra’
– Careers activities and enrichment provide meaningful, impactful and interactive experiences – they are not just a tick box exercise here at Kingston Maurward
– KMCprepared is endorsed and informed by STAKEHOLDERS e.g. students, employers, parent-guardians
– KMCprepared meets the needs of industry.
After completing a study programme with us you will be in the best place to progress onto whatever destination you choose…