Kingston Maurward is Dorset’s Rural College, set in a beautiful 750 acre historic country estate just outside Dorchester. We have grown this year and are projecting further exciting developments, so are seeking well qualified staff to join our team.
We are now accepting speculative applications for staff looking for ‘bank’ teaching and assessor roles in a wide range of subjects:
- Land-based and Animal Science specialisms
- Outdoor Adventure/Sport.
Applications are also welcome for potential cover staff for administrative and estate roles.
We offer all of our employees:
- Local Government Pension Scheme/Teachers Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- A Health Benefit Scheme
- Free access to our onsite Gym
- Free access to our Animal Park and Gardens
- Discount at our Visitors Centre and onsite Cafés
- A beautiful countryside setting to work within
- A friendly and supportive working environment.
You can find our latest vacancies here
If you’re interested in working with us and you don’t see a vacancy in your field of expertise please register your interest using the form below and email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure you read our GDPR candidate privacy notice before sending us any personal information:
Can’t find the information you need? Contact us here
Kingston Maurward College recognises the skills and qualities that service personnel can bring to the workplace and welcome applications from the service community.
Kingston Maurward College are proud signatories of the Armed Forces Covenant. This means we have made a number of commitments to support those from the armed forces community.
We also offer the following:
- Support of the employment of veterans and service leavers through the Career Transition Partnership (CT))
- Provide an additional 10 days paid leave to support service commitments to members of the Reserve Forces and Cadet Force Adult Volunteers
- Directly address the leave requirements during periods of deployment of service spouses and partners.
- From September 2019, there will be a work placement scheme at Kingston Maurward College for service leavers. Details will be published through the Careers Transition Partnership
If you have any other questions regarding the Armed Forces Convenant, please email HR@kmc.ac.uk or phone 01305 215100.
Jim spent 18 years in the RAF
“I was previously an instructor at a phase 2 training establishment and Kingston Maurward College have been amazing in developing my civilian teaching career. The college put me through the final element of teacher training and has allowed me to gain qualifications in lots of different professional areas including teaching, sports, outdoor adventure and student welfare. This was my first job on leaving the forces, I have now worked here for 9 years and the college continues to support my development”.
Ben was a Royal Engineers for 24 years
“I’ve now been at KMC since August 2018, employed as a Lecturer, after serving 24 years in the Royal Engineers. Since joining the college has supported me immensely. I was given the opportunity to meet with the Head of Department and a member of staff, who is also a veteran, before officially starting and this helped alleviate any concerns or anxiety I may have felt before embarking on my new career. The college has provided me with excellent mentorship by senior members of the department and countless CPD opportunities which has not only allowed me to quickly progress through my training, but has also allowed me to utilise my existing skills as well as gain the new skills required to enhance the student’s learning experience. The support the college has given me has assisted in a very smooth and problem free transition from military to ‘civvy street’ – of the latter, I will always be extremely grateful to the college.”
Register Your Interest in Working with Us