Kingston Maurward College was given a GOOD rating by Ofsted in November 2014.
The College is good because:
- The very large majority of students and apprentices gain their qualifications
- Students develop very good skills for employment during practical lessons, routine duties and
work experience placements. They also develop very good practical skills through the use of the
large college estate, commercial units and work experience placements. Apprentices develop
very good practical skills through well-planned workplace training
- The provision is good in horticulture, forestry, sport, public services, preparation for life and
work and apprenticeships
- Teachers and managers have very good links with local and regional employers which they use
very effectively to support students’ practical skills development, and to ensure that the
curriculum meets local and regional skills needs
- Managers’ arrangements to keep students safe are very effective.
To read the full report, please click here.