Diploma in Warehousing and Storage
The qualification comprises of 3 sections
- Diploma in Warehousing and Storage level 3 covering a range of different units to choose from including:
Contribute to the provision of customer service, Providing leadership for your team, Supervising the receipt, storage or dispatch of goods, Taking responsibility for Health, Safety and Security in your team, Using equipment to move goods, Allocating and checking work in your team, Recruiting, selecting and keeping colleagues, Scheduling logistics operations to meet customer requirements and Responding to problems in logistics operations.
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities in the Logistics Industry, which will ensure that the Apprentice knows and understands each of the nine national outcomes for ERR including the range of employer and employee statutory rights and responsibilities under employment law and the range of sources and information and advice available.
- Functional skills in Maths/or English depending upon GCSE achievement.
Employers seek to attract applicants who have a keen interest in working in a warehousing business in the logistics sector. They must be willing to work shifts, as part of a team and be good timekeepers. Employers are also interested in applicants who have basic literacy and numeracy skills on which this Advanced Apprenticeship will build.
Candidates need to be working in a warehouse environment to complete the apprenticeship with the whole apprenticeship being carried out in the workplace.
Progress to an Advanced Apprenticeships in any of the following:
- Logistics Operations Advanced Apprenticeship
- Driving Goods Vehicles Advanced Apprenticeship
On completion of this Apprenticeship you may go into a job as a Warehouse Operations Team Leader, Lead Driver or with further development and training into the following jobs at level 3: