C&G Level 3 Extended Diploma in Animal Management
During the first year of this course you will complete the units for the Level 3 90 Credit Diploma.
Level 3 Extended Diploma in Animal Management year two units include:
- Understand the principles of animal biology; Undertake and review work related experience in the land based industries; Undertake an investigative project in the land based sector; Understand the principles of animal nursing;
Understand the principles of animal nutrition; Understand the principles and carry out the practice of biochemistry and microbiology; Understand the principles of aquatics husbandry and management; Understand the principles and carry out the practice of wildlife populations, ecology and conservation; Understand and undertake wildlife management and rehabilitation.
NB. All units are subject to change
Four GCSEs Grade C or above - to include English, Maths and Science OR
Level 2 qualification in animal care with distinction plus Level 2 functional skills .
Recent experience of working with animals is essential.
- Year 2 Level 3 Extended Diploma Animal Management
- Foundation Degree in Animal Conservation and Welfare
- Veterinary Nurse (with further training) - Veterinary reception
- Animal Nursing Assistant - Animal Parks/Animal visitor attractions
- Zoo Keeper - Kennels and catteries
- Animal Care Worker/Supervisor - Conservation work
- Pet shop work
- Dog Grooming Assistant