C&G Level 3 Extended Diploma in Animal Management
During the first year of this course you will complete the units for the Level 3 90 Credit Diploma.
Year 2 units include:
-Undertake and review work related experience in the land based industries
-Undertake an investigative project in the land based sector
-Understand and interpret animal behaviour and communcation
-Undertake Dog Grooming
-Undertake petstore design and animal management
-Understand the principles and carry out the practice of avian health and management
-Understand the principles of aquatics husbandry and management
-Understand the principles and carry out the practice of wildlife populations, ecology and conservation
-Understand and undertake wildlife management and rehabilitation
NB. All units are subject to change.
Four GCSEs Grade C or above - to include English, maths and science OR
Level 2 qualification in animal care at Distinction plus Level 2 Functional Skills .
Recent experience of working with animals is essential.
- Foundation Degree in Animal Behaviour and Welfare
- Business Administration qualifications
- Veterinary Nurse (with further training) - Veterinary Receptionist
- Animal Nursing Assistant - Animal Parks/Animal visitor attractions
- Zoo Keeper - Kennels and catteries
- Animal Care Worker/Supervisor
- Pet shop work
- Dog Grooming Assistant