C&G Level 3 Extended Diploma in Animal Management
During the first year of this course you will complete the units for the Level 3 90 Credit Diploma.
Year 2 units include:
-Undertake and review work related experience in the landbased industries
-Undertake an investigative project in the landbased sector
-Business management in the land based sector
-Understand and interpret animal behaviour and communication
-Undertake kennel and cattery management
-Understand and undertake wildlife management and rehabilitation
-Understand and carry out farm livestock husbandry
-Undertake Practices of equine health, handling and husbandry
Four GCSEs Grade C or above - to include English, maths and Science OR
Level 2 qualification in Animal Care with Distinction plus Level 2 Functional Skills.
Recent experience of working with animals together with a work placement in a veterinary practice is essential.
- Year 2 Level 3 Extended Diploma Animal Management
- Further Veterinary Nursing qualifications
- Veterinary Nurse (with further training) - Veterinary reception
- Animal Nursing Assistant - Animal Parks/Animal visitor attractions
- Zoo Keeper - Kennels and catteries
- Animal Care Worker/Supervisor
- Pet shop work
- Dog Grooming Assistant