C&G Level 3 Extended Diploma in Animal Management
During the first year of this course you will complete the units for the Level 3 90 Credit Diploma (see page xx).
Year 2 units include:
- Understand the principles of animal biology
- Undertake and review work related experience in the land based industries
- Undertake an investigative project in the land based sector
- Understand the principles of animal breeding and genetics
- Understand the principles of animal nutrition
- Understand the principles and carry out the practice of biochemistry and microbiology
- Understand the principles of aquatics husbandry and management
- Understand the principles and carry out the practice of wildlife populations, ecology and conservation
- Understand and undertake wildlife management and rehabilitation.
Four GCSEs Grade C or above - to include English, maths and science OR
Level 2 qualification in animal care with distinction plus Level 2 functional skills.
Recent experience of working with animals is essential.
- Foundation Degree in Animal Behaviour and Welfare
- Foundation Degree in Marine Ecology
- Veterinary Nurse (with further training) - Veterinary reception
- Animal Nursing Assistant - Animal Parks/Animal visitor attractions
- Zoo Keeper - Kennels and catteries
- Animal Care Worker/Supervisor - Farm worker
- Pet shop work - Dog Grooming Assistant
- Conservation work