C&G Level 3 90 Credit Diploma in Horse Management (QCF)
- Understand and Promote Animal Health
- Select, Fit and Evaluate Horse, Tack and Equipment
- Plan and Monitor Animal Feeding
- Undertake Stable Yard Management
- Understand Animal Anatomy and Physiology
- Understand the Principles of Horse Behaviour and Welfare
- Understand the Principles of Horse Rehabilitiation and Therapy
- Riding and Exercising Horses
- Understand the Principles of Equitation
- Training towards BHS exams (exam fees not included).
4 GCSEs at Grade C or above, including maths, English and science OR a Level 2 Diploma in Horse Care at Distinction Level.
A determination to succeed together with the ability to ride towards BHS Stage 1 Level or Pony Club C+ Standard.
A non-riding option is available.
The Equine Academy has a weight limit of 85kg (13 Stone 5 llbs) for all riders.
Level 3 Extended Diploma in Horse Management (Year 2)
Advanced Equine Apprenticeships
Other Advanced Apprenticeships
Yard Supervisor/ Mounted Armed Forces/ Racing Industry/ Animal Physiotherapist/ Animal Technician/ Horse Riding Instructor/ Horse Trainer/