City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Countryside and Environment
- Conservation and improvement of British habitats
- Estate maintenance
- Land-based machinery operation (including operating ATVs, tractors & brushcutters)
- Undertake work related to land-based industries
- Environmental and land-based business
- Game management
- Functional skills in numeracy and literacy
Additional qualifications that are available include the C&G (NPTC) Certificate of Competence in Brushcutters. First Aid and Manual Handling are also taught. Much of the training towards these qualifications is included within the course and in most cases only assessment fees need to be paid by students wishing to achieve these additional qualifications.
Four GCSEs at grade D or above to include English and Maths OR successful completion of a Level 1 course in a relevant vocational subject.
Interest and enthusiasm in the countryside and the environment plus the ability to cope with written work.
Level 3 Diploma / Level 3 Extended Diploma in Countryside Management
Environmental Conservation Apprenticeship
Countryside Contractor - walling, hedge laying, fencing, etc
General Farm Worker