L3 Diploma in Work-based Animal Care
- You follow a L3 Diploma in Work-based Animal Care with several pathways - dog grooming, pet retail, wildlife, animal care & welfare
- You work for an animal care employer/establishment and come to college one day a week
- Your weekly commitment is 37 hours - 7.5 of them on campus
- You learn theory and practical skills with a variety of animals
- At work you perfect and develop these new skills
- We support you in the workplace with visits and assessments
- You will be paid weekly in line with Apprenticeship guidelines
- You will also cover key Functional Skills - English & Mathematics Level 2 depending on GCSE results
- Depending on your employer you will learn about animal care, health and welfare; how to control, restrain and move animals, how to feed, water and exercise animals, and how to maintain their accommodation requirements.
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeships take on a specialised or supervisory role and you are involved in planning various activities. Particular health and safety training may be required for different areas of work.
Level 2 Apprenticeship, Diploma or GCSES or several years' industry experience.
Employment in the Animal Care & Welfare Industry
- Animal Welfare Supervisor
- Kennel Supervisor, Zoo
- Animal Keeper
- Senior Animal Technician
- Animal Park Supervisor/Instructor.