KMC Horse Owners Certificate - Level 3
This course progresses on from Level 2 and expands the horse owner or enthusiast's knowledge in caring for horses in an informal environment. The course is a mixture of classroom based theory sessions with some practical sessions at Manor Stables with our horses.
- Fitting horse tack and boots
- Working out rationing for horse feeds
- How to look after your grazing
- Various types of bedding and their advantages and disadvantages
- Recognising injuries and how to treat them
- Designing stable routines for your horses
An interest in horses. Minimum age for this course is 14 years. Tetanus protection is recommended.
This is the third of three Kingston Maurward College progressive horse knowledge and care courses run at Kingston Maurward College. This is a vocational interest course.