KMC Horse Owners Certificate - Level 2
This course progresses on from Level 1 and expands the horse owner or enthusiast's knowledge in caring for horses in an informal environment. The course is a mixture of classroom based theory sessions with some practical sessions at Manor Stables with our horses.
- Fitting horse tack and boots
- Working out rationing for horse feeds
- How to look after your grazing
- Various types of bedding and their advantages and disadvantages
- Recognising injuries and how to treat them
- Designing stable routines for your horses
An interest in horses. Minimum age for this course is 14 years old. Tetanus protection is recommended.
KMC Horse Owners Certificate Level 3 EQ007
This is the second of threeKingston Maurward College progressive horse knowledge and care courses run at Kingston Maurward College. This is a vocational interest course. Content of the course links well with many aspects of the BHS Stage 2 exam.