This course is suitable for the first time horse owner, the mum or dad who helps out with the pony, the novice rider or anyone who wants to find out more about the care of the horse.
In this course, you will cove
- Signs of good and bad health
- Poulticing feet and bandaging legs
- Taking temperature, purse and respiration rates
- Sick nursing
- Dealing with colic and choke
- Dealing with injuries
- When to call the Vet
- Theory sessions and practicals
- First Aid scenarios
An interest in horses, minimum age of 14 years.
Further KMC Equine Part-time Courses or British Horse Society Courses