NVQ Certificate in Customer Service (QCF)
The qualification comprises of 2 sections. Diploma in Customer Service covering the NVQ and technical certificate elements.
The qualification includes a wide range of work based units for you to choose from including:
- Principles of customer service
- Understanding customers
- Understanding employer organisations
- Communicate verbally with Customers
- Process information about customers
- Resolve customer service problems
- Employee rights and responsibies,
Functional skills in Maths/or English depending upon GCSE achievement.
There are no mandatory entry requirements for this apprenticeship framework. However,
employers are looking to attract applicants who have a keen interest in providing excellent
customer service and working as part of a team. They expect applicants to demonstrate a "can
do" attitude and have basic numeracy and literacy skills on which to build their customer
Candidates need to be working with customers on a regular basis to complete the apprenticeship, with the whole apprenticeship being carried out in the workplace.
Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Customer Service.
Intermediate apprentices, with support and opportunities in the workplace, can progress onto:
- the Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Customer Service
- other Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeships - particularly where customer service is a important part of the job such as Business & Administration, Retail, Hospitality and Travel & Tourism
- further education to undertake customer service, business related or other qualifications.
With additional training, intermediate apprentices may be able to progress in their careers to roles including Customer Relationship Manager, Customer Service Team Leader, Customer Service Supervisors and Managers, Senior Customer Service Advisers or a wide range of other Customer Service related roles.