Level 2 Diploma in Work-based Agriculture (QCF)
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety
- Maintain the healthy growth of crops
- Establish and maintain conditions appropriate to the welfare of animals
- Prepare and operate a tractor with attachments
- Maintain site bio-security and personal hygiene
- Deliver basic treatments to livestock
- Monitor and maintain the supply of feed and water to livestock
- Prepare and cultivate sites ready for planting
-Functional Skills in English and Maths, depending on GCSE acheivement.
No formal entry requirements, however you will be required to take an assessment to ensure you have the required standard of maths and English
Keen to learn new skills and be willing to work in your own time to reinforce these skills.
You may be required to work at weekends so you need to be reliable and able to get to your chosen workplace.
- Mature students lacking formal qualifications will be considered based on previous experience.
-You will be required to find suitable relevant employment.
- Recent practical farm experience is essential.
Advanced Level Apprenticehip in Agriculture in Livestock, Dairy or Mixed Farming.
Following an Intermediate or Advanced Agricultural Apprenticeship, students could expect to find employment as a:
- General farm worker
- Assistant herdsperson
- Stock person
- Agricultural related industries such as feed suppliers