We have some of the best facilities of any land-based college in the country including:
- 280 Hectare working farm
- Blacksmith forge and welding workshops
- Animal Park
- New state of the art Animal Science centre
- International-sized indoor equine arena and stables
- Grooming Salon and kennels
- Learning Resources Centre
- Modern laboratories
- Dedicated Business and IT Academy
- New construction workshops
- High ropes courses/climbing wall
- 5 acre lake
- Sports pitches
- Formal landscaped gardens
Our aim at Kingston Maurward is to operate an efficient, well organised and commercially driven mixed farming operation, providing a key teaching resource for the differing curriculum disciplines and, when possible, a positive financial return to the College.
- Arable unit covering 125 hectares, helping you understand commercial arable production whilst promoting positive benefits to wildlife conservation
- Large fleet of high-tech agricultural machinery
- Purpose-built dairy with accommodation for young stock
- Pedigree herd of 105 Holstein Friesians, 400 ewes, 15 sows, 40 beef cattle, seasonal turkeys and pedigree Aberdeen Angus suckling herd
- 155 hectares of permanent and temporary pasture including 40 hectares of watermeadows
- Farm buildings housing rearing facilities, handling areas and accommodation for sheep, calves and pigs
- Workshops to learn repair and maintenance of machinery
- Purpose-built cattle demonstration and handling area for training
- Maurward Meats – our butchery and retail outlet for home-bred and reared meats.
For more details on the Farm – click here (link to farm area) Picture – can you use some from current website? Plus there are aberdeen angus pix on dropbox
Blacksmiths’ Forge & Welding Workshop
We have ten state of the art forges in a recently converted farm building which gives students the opportunity to study towards blacksmithing and farriery courses. We have fifteen welding bays enabling students to learn MIG, Arc (MMS), TIG, gas cutting and gas welding skills.
We offer a wide range of top-class facilities and services to competitors of all levels. All these facilities are available to our students and can be hired for shows, rallies and training purposes. Click here to visit KM Equestrian facilities.
Coneygar Centre – Animal Science
Modern large, purpose built centre with industry standard housing for an extensive range of animal species.
- Two reptile rooms
- Two small mammal rooms
- Large aquatics room with facilities for providing plants for animal feed grown through an aquaponic system
- Purpose built animal enclosures
- Practical teaching rooms
- Dog grooming salon
Gardens and Horticulture
The college is set within rolling lawns with substantial specimen trees bordering a large ornamental lake. The formal gardens are set in the arts and crafts Edwardian style with closely clipped Yew hedges creating a series of garden rooms. The walled garden has extensive plant collections including herbaceous perennials and season displays. We host two Plant Heritage collections of Salvias and Penstemons and our brand new glasshouses will bring Kingston Maurward College to the forefront of modern horticulture and significantly enhance our students’ learning experience. The new structures will house classrooms, tool stores, learning resources and production horticulture facilities. Sections will be dedicated to displays of exotic, ornamental, tropical & hothouse plants and a propagation area which will allow existing plant collections to be extended.