Homeopathy and essential oil therapy for animals (taster)
Course Code: AC141E07/11/1
Department: Animal Conservation and Welfare
Course Type: Part Time
This one day workshop will give you a basic insight into homeopathy and essential oils and how they can be used with animals.
During the morning Jane Keogh MRCVS a homeopathic vet will explain the history of homeopathy, how to prepare and handle remedies as well discussing how it can be used as a first aid measure for animals.
After lunch we will look at how essential oils can be used with animals for physical, behavioural and emotional conditions/ problems. Some time will be spent with the animals in our animal care centre or animal park.
Both subjects discussed during the day are very involved so the aim of this workshop is to provide you with the basics only.
- Short history of homeopathy
- Preparation and storage of remedies
- General principles of handling
- First Aid Remedies
- Group Task on Case Studies
- Remedies for specific issues eg pregnancy, birth, false pregnancy. surgery etc
Essential Oil Therapy:
- What are they
- How do they work
- Safety considerations
- Discuss the properties and uses of 4 common essential oils
- Discuss case studies
- Practical use with animals at the college
Minimum age 16 years. Genuine interest in alternative therapies for animals
To book call 01305 215215
Part Time Application Form (57.86 kB)
Kingston Maurward College
Tel. 01305 215215