Further education colleges are incorporated bodies controlled by a corporation (also referred to as a governing body or board of governors).
A corporation is a collective, strategic decision−making body which is responsible for:
- determining the educational character and mission of the college
- overseeing college activities
- ensuring the effective and efficient use of college´s resources, the solvency of the college and the safeguarding of its assets
- the appointment, pay and conditions of The Principal, other Senior Post Holders and the Clerk
- setting a framework for the pay and conditions of all other staff
Our Corporation has a determined membership of 20 Governors, including 2 staff Governors and 2 Student Governors.
All Governors are unpaid volunteers recruited from the communities which the College serves
Certain Corporation documents are available for the public to view on this website (see below). In order to increase openness, accountability and to meet all legal requirements, new documents will be added on a regular basis.