The Brick Garden
This Garden lies at the intersection of the two main north south and east west axes. It is a completely enclosed circular garden with neatly clipped box edges geometrically arranged in crescents around a central bed divided by brick paths and surrounded by high yew hedges.
The statues are of Henry III, Richard III, Charles II and Queen Anne and originate from the Palace of Westminster (1840).
The circular seat depicting a rising sun, half concealed in a velvety yew arbour was designed and made at Kingston Maurward from trees on the estate. One of the pleasures of a summer’s day is to sit there and contemplate the vista along the Terrace Border axis to the Main House.