Game Change Technology Conference for Dorset’s Agri –Tech – Friday 19th May 2017
Kingston Maurward College and Dorset County Council supported by the Dorset LEP are hosting a major conference at the College about Game Changing Technology for Dorset Agriculture.
Delegates will include farmers, research scientists, suppliers to agriculture and other industries. They will hear a series of Government and industry leaders who will identify just what Agri tech means and the potential benefits for Dorset.
A ‘market place’ during the day will allow agriculture related businesses and bodies to showcase their wares. Workshops will discuss current challenges in agriculture and prioritise possible solutions with the networking of solutions from other sectors.
Head teachers of local schools will be able to see for themselves the variety of skills and calibre of youngsters that are required to assist this industry to realise the potential. This is a high level conference with the Department of Industry and Trade, suppliers to Agriculture, researchers, farmers and educationalists present.
For further information and to register your attendance for this event please complete the form below.
Confirmed Speakers include:
Simon Hoare – MP
Janet Bainbridge OBE – Chief Executive of Agri Technology for DIT
Graeme Cooke – Deputy Chief Veterinary Officer
Dr Rob Merrall – President of the Institution of Agricultural Engineers
Topics for the day will include:
- Agri-Tech and Agri-food: The scope and opportunities of the subject
- The Agri engineering revolution: what will it look like in years to come?
- Animal health the challenges and emerging solutions
- Digital world from robotics to software to datasets
- Micro Biology: the miniature world, our saving grace?
- Presentation – South West Agri-Tech: The south west’s drive to meet the funding and international opportunities challenge
- View from the Bridge – the UK Government’s view of the importance of UK agricultural technology and its trade.
For more information please call 01305 215196 or email Jenny.Meyers@kmc.ac.uk